Friday, July 18, 2008

Superpower.

What do you want for a superpower?

Flying?
Invisibility?
Teleporting?

Well, absolutely, those may be cool.
But I don't want them.

I think that it would be a waste to have those as superpowers.

Why?

They can be made with science.

You could make a flying machine.
You can bend light to make an invisibility cloak.
In fact, scientists have found ways to make such things, though they are still testing.
You can make a machine to teleport.
Scientists have been able to make an electron jump from place to place.


But there are some super powers you cannot make.

I want to have a powerful mind.

I want to understand and know how people feel.
I want to be able to bend circumstances with the brain.
I want to influence masses

I want to be the person who will invent a flying machine, a teleporter, an invisibility cloak.


But I don't want to know anything.


Things like a scientific mind, being a genius is only a side effect or solo effect of what I want to be.

I don't want to know.
Knowing in itself is useless.

Knowledge right now is very limited. The best scientists, the biggest textbooks, they only describe a tiny portion of what there is to learn.


I want to be the person who can expand that knowledge.
I want to be able to give things for those who follow to learn.

I want to write those textbooks, except with new material.

That is what I want to be.
That is the superpower that can never be made, never be bought, never be conceived.




Maybe one day, I will find that power in myself.

No comments: